Monday, February 6, 2012

Putting New Knowledge to Work. . .

We've held our first cre8 session!

Yesterday, Susan Bell (a.k.a. Susan Decor) held a workshop at her home to teach a group of us the basics of using Annie Sloan Chalk Paints. She was patient, humorous, humble and informative. We each left the workshop with a goodie bag of painted samples, supplies and instructions, and some of us bought paints and waxes from her as well - the sample jars of paint specially priced!

Not only did we learn a lot about a few techniques, but we filled the time painting with news, stories about ourselves, plans for transforming items at home, and inspiration for each other. Eivor, for example, showed us photos of her beautiful, light-filled kitchen in her home in Sweden. Gorgeous! It was really intriguing to see what a difference a coat of light-colored paint could bring to a dark space.

Hmm. . .

My longtime friend Mary, visiting for the weekend, joined BTW for this workshop and came away talking about what a wonderful group of women I know in this area. I have to agree.

These pictures are of a table I painted today, applying some of the techniques I learned yesterday from Susan. I am NOT a skilled painter, but this paint makes people like me look good. :-) I guess that's what good friends do, too, come to think of it.



This table was dark brown before I started painting. I left the underside of the bottom shelf unpainted to remember how it looked and to preserve a little history, as this table came to me from my parents' home. Old and new together can result in a unique beauty.

Happy new week, ladies!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment